Human- and nature-friendly beeswax wax
This beeswax wax is made from only natural materials and contains no organic solvents, synthetic resins, emulsifiers, Vaseline, or other chemicals. This beeswax wax for leather is gentle on the skin and has a mild fragrance.
It is made from high quality natural beeswax produced in Japan.
The honeycomb structure of the honeycomb is made of wax from the glands in the abdomen of the worker bees.
The wax is carefully refined into beeswax, which has been used since ancient times to protect wood and leather products.
The main component of beeswax, wax esters, is also found in the stratum corneum on the surface of human skin (20-30%), and it helps to keep it shiny and moist so that it does not dry out.
The beeswax is blended with camellia oil and rapeseed oil, which enhance the moisturizing effect. This wax is not sticky and is light and easy to apply.
It protects leather from drying out and prevents stains and dirt from sticking to the leather.
It can also be used not only on leather, but also on fasteners that are hard to move.
How to use
- Remove dust and dirt with a soft cloth or leather brush.
- Apply a small amount of cream to a soft cloth, spreading it thinly. You can also spread it with your fingers.
Be especially careful in areas that are prone to oil loss, such as bends.
This is not necessary on the floor (back side of the leather).
Be careful not to apply too thickly, as this may cause stains or discoloration.
- Leave on for 30 minutes, then wipe dry with a soft cloth until the stickiness is gone.
30 minutes will allow the wax to penetrate the surface layer of the leather properly, and the wax ingredients will last longer. Please note that if left for a longer period of time, the wax may over-penetrate and soften the leather.
Cautions for use
- If sticky residue remains, dust may harden.
- Store in a place where it is not exposed to direct sunlight and where there is little change in humidity.
- Effectiveness will vary depending on the season (temperature and humidity).
- If the leather surface becomes dry or loses its luster, it is effective to apply another layer of oil. However, please be careful not to do this too often, as too much oil will make the leather too soft.
- For the Foschia series, this is not necessary while much white wax remains on the surface.
- Not suitable for suede and nubuck.
- The color of leather may become slightly darker.