Maintenance of tanned leather
Foschia & Liscio
No oil care is required for newly arrived products. The leather contains sufficient oil inside. When the surface of the leather is irritated, the oil contained inside seeps out through the pores and coats the epidermis, giving it a glossy appearance.
If the surface becomes dry after prolonged use, we recommend using a wax with wax/oil components.
Since tanned leather is dyed and finished, the surface is very delicate and easily scratched. However, if the leather is used with care, scratches and stains will gradually blend in and become a part of the product. Daily dry wiping and brushing with a soft cloth is recommended, but the best maintenance is to use the leather and give it the right amount of stimulation.
Other tanned leather maintenance
Etretat & Ortensia & Monocromo
The surface of the leather is coated with pigments to resist scratches, stains, and water, and requires no maintenance other than cleaning.
If you are concerned about surface dirt after long use, you can use a commercially available cleaner (Columbus 500, etc.).
About waterproof spray
To increase water resistance and prevent stains, a fluorine-based waterproofing spray is also effective.
The following page explains how to spray with pictures.
Other points to note
- There may be scratches, uneven coloring, stains, and wrinkles on the surface that are derived from the raw hides.
- There is a possibility that slight scratches, press marks, scuffs, etc. may be found during the manufacturing process.
- Size may change slightly with use.
- Color fading may occur. Please be careful not to combine with light-colored clothing.
- Color and texture may vary slightly depending on the lot.
- Due to changes in temperature and other factors, oil and fat components may appear white on the surface. It can be removed by lightly rubbing the surface.
- When storing the product for a long period of time, air the product regularly and wipe it dry with a soft cloth to prevent the formation of mold.
- The contents should not be left in place for long periods of time, but should be removed periodically to allow airflow through the contents.
- The color of the product may look slightly different from the actual color of the product depending on the monitor environment.